The information we collect
Personal information: is information or an opinion, whether true or not and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual who is identified or reasonably identifiable.
The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
• Identity Data including first name, middle name, last name, maiden name, title, date of birth, gender, job title, photographic identification, marital status, pronouns and images of you.
• Contact Data including billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone number.
• Financial Data including bank account and payment card details (through our third party payment processors, Square and Eway).
• Transaction Data including details about payments from you to us and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
• Technical and Usage Data including internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, your browser session, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour, information about your access and use of our website, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our website, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
• Profile Data including your username and password for our website, purchases or orders you have made with us, support requests you have made, content you post, send receive and share through our platform, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
• Interaction Data including information you provide to us when you participate in any interactive features of our Services, including surveys, contests, promotions, activities or events.
• Marketing and Communications Data including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
• Professional data including where you are a worker of ours or applying for a role with us, your professional history such as your previous positions and professional experience.
• Sensitive information is a sub-set of personal information that is given a higher level of protection. Sensitive information means information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices, criminal records, health information or biometric information. We do not actively request sensitive information about you. If at any time we need to collect sensitive information about you, unless otherwise permitted by law, we will first obtain your consent and we will only use it as required or authorised by law.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information in a variety of ways, including:
• Directly: We collect personal information which you directly provide to us, including when you register for an account, through the ‘contact us’ form on our website or when you request our assistance via email, or over the telephone.
• Indirectly: We may collect personal information which you indirectly provide to us while interacting with us, such as when you use our website, in emails, over the telephone and in your online enquiries.
• From publicly available sources: We collect personal data from publicly available resources such as the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC) and professional networking sites such as LinkedIn.
Why we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of the purposes for which we plan to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information.
Our disclosures of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
• our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
• IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers such as Google, Apple & Amazon Web Servers (AWS);
• marketing or advertising providers such as HubSpot;
• professional advisors, bankers, auditors, our insurers and insurance brokers;
• payment systems operators such as Square and Eway;
• our existing or potential agents or business partners;
sponsors or promoters of any promotions or competition we run;
• anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
• courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
• courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required or authorised by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
• third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics (To find out how Google uses data when you use third party websites or applications, please see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ or any other URL Google may use from time to time); and
• any other third parties as required or permitted by law, such as where we receive a subpoena.
Google Analytics: We may have enabled Google Analytics Advertising Features including [Remarketing Features, Advertising Reporting Features, Demographics and Interest Reports, Store Visits, Google Display Network Impression reporting etc.] . We and third-party vendors may use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) or other first-party identifiers, and third-party cookies (such as Google advertising cookies) or other third-party identifiers together.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics Advertising Features including using a Google Analytics Opt-out Browser add-on found here. To opt-out of personalised ad delivery on the Google content network, please visit Google’s Ads Preferences Manager here or if you wish to opt-out permanently even when all cookies are deleted from your browser you can install their plugin here. To opt out of interest-based ads on mobile devices, please follow these instructions for your mobile device: On android open the Google Settings app on your device and select “ads” to control the settings. On iOS devices with iOS 6 and above use Apple’s advertising identifier. To learn more about limiting ad tracking using this identifier, visit the settings menu on your device.
While we store personal information in Australia, where we disclose your personal information to the third parties listed above, these third parties may store, transfer or access personal information outside of Australia. We will only disclose your personal information overseas in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Anonymity: Where practicable we will give you the option of not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym in your dealings with us.
Restrict and unsubscribe: To object to processing for direct marketing/unsubscribe from our email database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Access: You may request access to the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. Please note, in some situations, we may be legally permitted to withhold access to your personal information. If we cannot provide access to your information, we will advise you as soon as reasonably possible and provide you with the reasons for our refusal and any mechanism available to complain about the refusal. If we can provide access to your information in another form that still meets your needs, then we will take reasonable steps to give you such access.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading. Please note, in some situations, we may be legally permitted to not correct your personal information. If we cannot correct your information, we will advise you as soon as reasonably possible and provide you with the reasons for our refusal and any mechanism available to complain about the refusal.
Complaints: If you wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the complaint. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take in response to your complaint. If you are not satisfied with our response, you also have the right to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures, to safeguard and secure personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
While we are committed to security, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that is transmitted to or by us over the Internet. The transmission and exchange of information is carried out at your own risk.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
EVE Australia Pty Ltd t/as Ocular (ABN 95 614 095 644)
Last update: 23 January 2023
© LegalVision ILP Pty Ltd