DC Chargers Frequently Asked Questions
Charging speed depends greatly on the vehicle’s battery design. However, the average charging speed with our DC chargers:
- 60kW=300-400 km/hr
Tethered is a charger that has an in-built Type 2 cable to the charger – you cannot use a different cable. Universal comes with a Type 2 socket where the user will have to bring their own cable and plug this in to use the charger.
Please contact email@example.com if there are any issues with your charger after installation.
Yes, however not all chargers can be purchased with extended warranty. The chargers that can be purchased with extended warranty (max 5 years) is:
- Ocular LTE
- Ocular LTE Plus
- Ocular IQ Wallbox
- Ocular IQ Commercial
For our AC range, only our IQ range is software compatible. For our DC range, all chargers are supported with OCPP.
Providing further discounts on-top of our wholesale pricing can be discussed. Please reach out to us to discuss your options at: firstname.lastname@example.org
AC charging utilises the on-board AC to DC power converter that is connected to your EV battery to charge your car. AC EV chargers require an adapter connection to a distribution board in order to charge your car
- Available in single-phase and 3-phase charging
- More cost-effective solutions
DC Charging performs AC to DC power conversion outside of the EV.
- Units are much larger due to housing a much larger AC-DC power converter than the converter in your car
- Greater charging range and capacity (20kWh-150kWh)
- Charging times are much faster than AC charging
- DC Charging leads connect directly to your battery