AC charging utilises the on-board AC to DC power converter that is connected to your EV battery to charge your car. AC EV chargers require an adapter connection to a distribution board in order to charge your car
- Available in single-phase and 3-phase charging
- More cost-effective solutions
DC Charging performs AC to DC power conversion outside of the EV.
- Units are much larger due to housing a much larger AC-DC power converter than the converter in your car
- Greater charging range and capacity (20kWh-150kWh)
- Charging times are much faster than AC charging
- DC Charging leads connect directly to your battery